Direction and performing:
Performer and creation:
Direction and dramaturgy assistance:
Josè Miguel Neira
Joaquin Roberto Diaz Duran
Collaborators creators and interpreters live or online:
Jimena Perez Salerno, Marina Suarez Ortiz, Susanne Grau, Paloma Bianchi, Nina Horowitz
A Night with Ramona is
- To dig into the languages that build the collective imaginary
- to create an identity from the collective
- An illusion that arises from reality
- To find the limit between reality and fiction
- A reflection on the manipulation of desire
A night with Ramona 3.0
A night with Ramona is an interdisciplinary live performance in which dramaturgy uses performative language to study the “protocol of desire”.
Ramona Abate is a “Fake” Porn Star existing in the collective unconscious and manifests herself on the World Wide Web.
Ramona perverts the roles of the dominant / dominated, constrains the games of power, converts religiosity into a different spirituality, pushes the limits of virtual reality on reality and vice versa, investigates the dynamics of control and awakens curiosity and desire in the “viewer / user”.
Ramona is a performative, experiential and participative critical device that presents an archetypal sexual imaginary as a metaphor of a “contemporary cannibal orgy”.
Previous presentations of work in progress:
- Teatros del Canal, MPECV presentation January 2019, Madrid, Spain
- Si fuese tu , international artistic research seminar of Castilla La Mancha University UCLM, April 2019, Cuenca
- Kamikaze Artistic Residence, April 2019, Garaion, Basque Country,Spain
- Reina Sofía Museum, MPECV, June 2019, Madrid, Spain
- Pradillo Theater, October 2019, Madrid, Spain
Next presentation work in progress:
- Spazio Recherche, May 2020, Roma, Italy (postponed due to Covid-19)
Letter from Device 1 to Device 2
IF THE TWO DEVICES WOULD TALK TO EACH OTHER… THEN… WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?
What will be the truth: What I see? or what you receive? Which of our realities is the greatest? I have many doubts, I still think, thought of you, of us, of our relationship in the distance. You see what I see on another device with other times.
So you are a flash of me?
Or do we simply live in a common space with different realities?
With lots of love Yours, Device 1